Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crocheted Animal Toys

After making my cheeseburger I wanted to make a hot dog toy for my puppy!

Again, no pattern. I just went for it and I learned well from my mistakes! I didn't have the proper color for the dog but I don't think Tanner minds :)  It also has a squeaker from a dead toy at mom's house!



And since I made Tanner a toy I figured I needed to make one for everybody! Cleo was first since her 15th birthday was last month! She is an old kitty but she still loves catnip! I really wanted to crochet with orange yarn. I rarely use orange and I was just in an orange mood this evening. So I started thinking about orange things. I thought of a traffic cone and I just laughed at the thought of a catnip traffic cone. It NEEDED to be done! Cleo will be getting this tomorrow, I hope she likes it!



If anyone is wondering exactly how to put catnip in a crocheted item, it's easy! Just make a small bag with scrap fabric, fill, and stitch closed. When I make catnip toys (I have made sushi, a fortune cookie, and a Golden Snitch for my friend's cat Potter!) I just stuff the ami with the sachet and it is usually so tight no other stuffing is required! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG Laci the little traffic cone is too cute! Cleo is gonna love it! Oh, and your hotdog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete