Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zero calorie, zero fat cheeseburger!

I made a cheeseburger!

This cheeseburger may have started another one of my crazes (see last week: potholder mania!). I have been thinking of so many foods and all of my family members are telling me that I need fries and a drink to go with my burger! So my new catchphrase for the week is "If you can cook it, I can hook it!"

Yarn-burger: Sesame seed bun with ketchup and mustard swirled on the bread, grilled hamburger patty, cheese, 3 strips of bacon, lettuce, tomato slice, 3 onion slices, and 3 pickle chips!



When I first started hooking (haha, I had to!) I saw a pattern for a set of coasters that, when stacked, looked like a cheeseburger! I thought it was clever but I could not have read that pattern to save my life!

 So it has been a year since I started crocheting and I thought of that pattern again. But now-a-days I hate following patterns! A few months into my crochet fever I started making changes to every pattern I came across. I seemed to always find a better or easier way so I stopped reading patterns and started creating my own instead. I love that people share their patterns online and that there are endless resources for the inspiration-blocked crafter, but I have found that if I just sit down with a hook and yarn I can create whatever I want!

Guess what's next?

1 comment: